Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mira Articles ..

I found these articles on the purse forum.




Q. Miroslava, how long did you work with/for Harper's Russia and how did you become their special events correspondent?

A. I've worked with Harper's for just over a year. At first, I was covering mainly society events, later they offered me more serious project.

Q. What are your duties @ the magazine and what is your typical work day?

A. Basically, I am expected to do my job to the best of my ability. I am expected to bring the magazine ideas for interesting projects, for example, Scott Shuman's (The Sartorialist blogger) visit to Moscow organized by Harper's. He's done a very nice layout for the magazine that everyone will be able to see in our January issue.
As for my workday - thank God, I don't have a set schedule so everyday is different. I am trying to meet the deadlines as well as doing work for my charity with a great help from my director.

Q. There are rumors, that in March 2009 Anzor Karnkulov's (current editor-in-chief) contract is up Harper's and you are the front runner for the job. Any comment?

A. This is the first time I hear about this! Our office has a great working atmosphere. We are all great friends and I really hope these rumors won't change that. We are a great dedicated team that are united by our love of what we do otherwise we won't be doing what we are doing. Anzor is a great person and great at what he does - we all value his opinion and love him very much.

Q. Define your personal style? Who's was the most "fashion" advice you've ever gotten?

A. I never did get any fashion advice from anyone. It was always the other way around - since I was little, my mom and sister would always ask what would look good on them and wether it's in style or not. Today, I get my inspiration from my slosest friends, who I think are very stylish dressers. The say the same thing about me as well. I think it's nice to look to one another for inspiration, especially when it's the people you are close to and love. I wish that for everyone.

Q. As we know, you are an active member of the charitable organization "Planet Peace". What is the purpose of this organization?

A. I've been involved in charitable causes for a very long time. My family has as well. If everyone would think of the person next to them, especially the person that is in need of helping hand, this world would be a better place to live in. The main cause of our charity is the medical help for orphaned children and senior sitizens. My heart goes aches when I see an older person begging on the street. I just want to do anything to help. If you know of anyone that is in need of help, please let us know. It will be our honor to help them.

Q. What are your plans for New Years Eve?

A. I haven't yet decided but do have something in mind. I really hope I able to do what I've planned! Sadly, the situation in the world is not the most stable at the moment therefore my plans change daily. I think if you read the In and Out section of December issue of Harper's Bazaar, you'll get a pretty good idea of my New Year's Eve plans!






Q. Who is she?
A. Economist

Q. What is she wearing in the picture?
A. Dress - Pierre Cardin vintage, Shoes - CL, Tights - Wolford, Ring - Graff, Earrings - Lorraine Shwartz.

Q. Favorite Labels?
A. Marc Jacobs, YSL, CHANEL, Loewe, Oscar de la Renta, Marni.

Q. Must have this spring?
A. Blue and yellow pieces and Marc Jacob's sailor dress.

Q. Best shopping spots?
A. New York - Bergdorf and Goodman and vintage boutiques in Soho; Moscow - Aizel, Podium.

Q. Favorite restaurants?
A. Cipriani and TAO in New York, Costes in Paris.

Q. Favorite Books?
A. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Empire Of The Angels by Bernard Werber.

Q. Favorite movies?
A. Godfather, Pretty Woman and The Most Charming and Attractive (older Russian movie)

Q. Favorite Music?
A. Madonna, Beyonce.

Q. Favorite Play?
A. Producers on Broadway and some play in Russia.

Q. Things that make you happy?
A. Relatives and friends, especially little children.

Q. Your pet-peeves?
A. Agressive people! People, try and be kinder and more attentive to one another!

Q. Hobbies?
A. Study languages.

Q. Favorite things to do in your spare time?
A. Spending time @ home with my husband eating bologna sandwiches and watching old movies.

0 Lovely Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.